Mission Accomplished

richi

launched at 10am from mudeford quay----it was like picadilly circus!

Decided to try pout hole first.Everyone seemed to be struggling,including the charters.Managed 3 mackerel(3 more than most)and a scad

IMGP0286.jpg

Decided to call it a day early and met a two fellow yakfishermen as I was just starting my return.After a quick chat I gave them half a box of Squid and returned to the quay.

launched again at 2am precisely,like SpeciMan said dead flat and a full moon--couldn't keep the camera still enough to get a clear moon

IMGP0288.jpg

made it round to pout hole in about 20 mins thanks to the ebb and it was so light I had no problem seeing a pot bouy to hook up to.

fifteen minutes past 3---fish on,thought I may have hooked one on the Squid rig too as that also started to twitch,realised soon enough that the fish had snagged on the squid rig

IMGP0289.jpg

Conger number 10 was brought to the boat hooked in 3 places!

After what seemed like ages,in fact the Conger became quite calm as if it knew that someone was trying to release him

Didn't stay long,in fact was back at the quay before daylight---needed some sleep!

Had my 10 Now It's Your Turn Gentlemen! :clap2:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Congrats on number 10 :clap2: , definately need to tag 'em.

2006 Launches: 8

2006 Species: 5

2007 Species: 19

2007 Launches: 42

2008 Species: 21

2008 Launches: 51

2009 Species: 24

2009 Launches: 47

2010 Launches 35

2010 Species 25

2011 Launches 23

2011 Species 20

Congrats on number 10 :clap2: , definately need to tag 'em.

now there is a thought Overrun :thumbs:

maybe that's why it was so calm,it probably recognised me :fishing1:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

Well done Richi

more inspirational congering (& pictures)

what amazes most is how you managed to unhook and release the beast, from such a tangle of lines /hooks AT NIGHT IN A KAYAK !

must admit Les it was hard work :headhurt: even with de-barbed hooks

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

assisted rescues---5

IMGP0288.jpg

Ah Yes young one,The "watering can" moon.

If you ever glance up and see this phenomenon then grab a rod and rush out to any fish holding stretch of water-This strange,rare and eerie signal from nature suddenly envokes the urge for sea dwelling creatures to experience the sensation of breathing "Air".As Richi found out this eel tried two! ways of breaking up and out of its hitherto sanctuary -now suddenly a strange,wet and suffocating place.Any line,rope,arm or paddle becomes a possible lemming like pathway to break the meniscus and truly breathe.

Jon.

PS:Beware, these are frantic,obsessed fish and do not listen to reason!

Edited by musket

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"