What feeder rod should i get ?

Ali MacDonald

I am fairly new to angling and have really only done float fishing so far. However a mate let me use his feeder rod recently and I like the idea of that kind of fishing. I am considering buying a feeder rod but have no idea which would be best for the price. My budget would probably be about £50 and an idea of a suitable reel would be good also. Thanks

For that budget you should still be able to get hold of a TFG starter kit, which comes with everything you need. Decent enough for the price, as I've seen them around £39.99. If I find one I'll post a link.

Thanks that would be useful, does it include the reel ?

I am fairly new to angling and have really only done float fishing so far. However a mate let me use his feeder rod recently and I like the idea of that kind of fishing. I am considering buying a feeder rod but have no idea which would be best for the price. My budget would probably be about £50 and an idea of a suitable reel would be good also. Thanks

What sort of waters do you fish?

What sort of fish will you be aiming for?

Different types of feeder rods are designed for different types of fishing, including the above.

A £50 budget should be more than adequate to get you started with feeder fishing.

If you can answer the top 2 questions, I could possily chuck some ideas your way from the tackle I use, but I am by no means a Legend Fisherman like some others on this forum :):thumbs:

Guest Rabbit
What sort of waters do you fish?

What sort of fish will you be aiming for?

Different types of feeder rods are designed for different types of fishing, including the above.

A £50 budget should be more than adequate to get you started with feeder fishing.

If you can answer the top 2 questions, I could possily chuck some ideas your way from the tackle I use, but I am by no means a Legend Fisherman like some others on this forum :):thumbs:

Just a Leg End perhaps?

Nice first posting though and sooooo sarcastic <_<

• 2 weeks later...
For that budget you should still be able to get hold of a TFG starter kit, which comes with everything you need. Decent enough for the price, as I've seen them around £39.99. If I find one I'll post a link.

The TFG starter kit sound good.

In reply to the two questions:

1. I mainly fish comercial waters/lakes.

2. I want to catch carp, tench, bream, roach rudd and anything else that comes my way !

I intend to do the method feeder, so rods and reels suitbale for that are what I am after..

All help gratefully received and how to set up the rig etc..

Thanks

Ali

I've got one of these and for the price I reckon they're pretty unbeatable:

MAP Matchtek Feeder Rods

Save £55 pounds on there stunning high performance feeder rods using the same blanks as rods that were sold for for over £200. Every detail from tip to butt on all models is spot on. Supplied with interchangeable tips that blend into the rod perfectly, without a doubt the best feeder rods ever available at this price.

Code Model RRP Sale Price

LD6125 12ft Heavy Feeder £99.99 £44.99

LD6574 12ft Med Feeder £99.99 £44.99

http://www.chapmansangling.co.uk/acatalog/...ial_Offers.html

Ignore the 06 date - they're still on offer on Chapmans website.

I've got one of these and for the price I reckon they're pretty unbeatable:

MAP Matchtek Feeder Rods

Save £55 pounds on there stunning high performance feeder rods using the same blanks as rods that were sold for for over £200. Every detail from tip to butt on all models is spot on. Supplied with interchangeable tips that blend into the rod perfectly, without a doubt the best feeder rods ever available at this price.

Code Model RRP Sale Price

LD6125 12ft Heavy Feeder £99.99 £44.99

LD6574 12ft Med Feeder £99.99 £44.99

http://www.chapmansangling.co.uk/acatalog/...ial_Offers.html

Ignore the 06 date - they're still on offer on Chapmans website.

Thanks, looks like a good offer. Would you suggest medium one for method fishing and what sort of reel to accompany it ?

Ali

If you're fishing the Method Ali , you'd probably be better off with the heavy feeder as some of those loaded feeders can weigh quite a bit and will put the rod under a lot of pressure on the cast