anti-virus

Clifftop

I have just bought a laptop and i'm wondering if i install my anti-virus programme on to it

[1] will it still download daily updates to both of them

[2] is it legal.

[3] would i be better off downloading something like free AVG

I need to know this because the laptop will be going back and forwards to the city.

Second question.

if i buy a router is it easy to setup so that we can use them both at home.

I've just read Si thread Network setup and everything on there went over my head i'm afraid.

as I am not IT savvy simple questions seem awfully hard.

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

Guest Shots for fun
I have just bought a laptop and i'm wondering if i install my anti-virus programme on to it

[1] will it still download daily updates to both of them

[2] is it legal.

[3] would i be better off downloading something like free AVG

I need to know this because the laptop will be going back and forwards to the city.

Second question.

if i buy a router is it easy to setup so that we can use them both at home.

I've just read Si thread Network setup and everything on there went over my head i'm afraid.

as I am not IT savvy simple questions seem awfully hard.

Hi there,

I have a small network at home, which has a PC and two laptops, on the router choice my advice would be to speak to your provider first some like AOL ( sorry to swear ) get very funny if you do not use them for the router.

Anyway yes fairly straight forward to set up you really just follow the instructions. If your laptop is wireless enabled you can with your wireless router connect the laptop wireless and still keep the PC connected by cable ( wired ) the router will allow for both options. The hard connections for the PC does have some speed advantages.

I have always on my laptops used AVG free and found it to be trouble free, very efficient and you can schedule updates at dates and times convenient to you, all in all a first class be of free software.

Also don't forget Ad-aware for your spy-ware/malware software also free edition available no auto updates on the free edition, you just have to run that manually each week, month or when you wish.

I hope this helps.

:thumbs:

One last thing if you by an established brand and have any problems in setup their help desk can always come to your rescue.

Guest Shots for fun

Sorry forgot to say AVG downloads to each individual PC/laptop based on how you schedule the update information.

You can have them updating at the same time or at different times of the day.

Regards. :thumbs:

Also don't forget Ad-aware for your spy-ware/malware software also free edition available no auto updates on the free edition, you just have to run that manually each week, month or when you wish.

I`d also get spybot, as this gets things that ad-aware misses and vice versa :thumbs: