Critique & Comment topic up and running ..

MrWiggly

In response to popular request a "Critique & Comment" topic has been opened and pinned.

"Abandon hope all ye who enter here " :unsure::blink:

Wiggly. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

The Older I get .. The better I was.

So I move my post! let me be the first to take a official 'battering' :mellow:

OK, I'm up for a bit of 'C&C'.

:camera:

In London on Friday, compact 640 in the glove compartment, this was simply a picture I took where I dropped off, no time to search, traffic wardens hiding round every corner, simply look around, ' . . . is there anything within 50ft'. Don nothing to the pic accept a little crop to remove the roof of the car!

1QueenSqIMG_0235.jpg

In the garden this morning, 640 in hand, took these, makes a change from flowers. lol Again nothing other than a little crop.

Sun Gold Toms ripening, the tom's colour is correct, perhaps a little washed out on the green stem? used fill flash, as the name implies they are a yellow/gold variety, I recommend them for their flavour, better even than Gardeners Delight!

2SunGoldIMG_0238.jpg

3SGcloseupIMG_0244.jpg

And finaly this runner bean flower, could not resist some sort of flower, this is totaly untouched! :rolleyes:

4RunnerbeanIMG_0254.jpg

SW :thumbs:

OK I'll start. No need to say that I'm no expert but I'll say it anyway. #1 looks fairly ordinary to me. Just a snapshot and showing nothing of real interest.

#2. I would have turned off the flash. you can see its reflection on the fruit. I see you had a fairly good shutter speed but if the lack of flash meant the speed was too slow then you could have used a tripod, after all, you're in the backyard. Also a little saturation would be nice (to my eye) but thats not for everyone. Same goes for #3.

I quite like #4.

HB.

rb_getcreative.gif

critic = i like them all

comment = why didnt you post them in the pinned C&C :shutup::headhurt::D

Amen to that !!

Look at top of forum for "Critique & Comment " !! :blink::blink:

The Older I get .. The better I was.

critic = i like them all

comment = why didnt you post them in the pinned C&C :shutup::headhurt::D

Amen to that !!

Look at top of forum for "Critique & Comment " !! :blink::blink:

:oops: O well, I thought it was the pinned thread :doh: Ho-Hum, want to move it Mr Wiggly?

Personaly, I like the way the light picks up on the trees in 1. Number 3, yep, switched the flash off, much better, to me it portrays the strong plant that the 'Sun Gold' is, considering its only a cherry type, it comes over butch?? Yep Im in the yard and those colours are spot on. The ripe tomato is only about the size of the top of my thumb, 'Sun Gold' are a yellow/gold colour as the name sugests?

No 4, just shows, you dont have to have boarders full of 'flower' flowers, thats a runner bean flower (stick beans) :D

SW

Edited by Sutton Warrior