Curiosity

Byrdthefisherman

Hello fellow anglers. I'm new to the forums and must say its great! I admit I'm mainly a fresh water fisherman, however I recently became intreasted in Marlin fishing which eventually led up to bigger fish (not that Malin are small)I have a few amature questions. Is swordfishing legal? Why is Great White ishing illegal? And what kinda rig would you need to catch one of these bad boys???(not that I would catch one) any reply appreciated. Thanks

Hello mate and welcome aboard :)

Laws were introduced to protect Pointers after Jaws created mass hysteria and they became endangered AFAIK. Also they are slow growing apex predetors so they are not in abundance. Laws will vary from country to country (for instance they are not recognised here) and also be dependandant on International treaties etc... The closest you are likely to get to a GWS around here is the Porbeagle shark or some of Davy's flat sharks.

Have a look at www.sharktrust.org & www.thecatchalot.co.uk