Mullet Virgin...

LeicesterCarl

Ah, well there's a que for a story.....I used to only have a motorbike for transport, and trying to carry a bucket full of water/bread was a bit of a no-go, so my only other choice was to "knock it up" down there.....

I was going to give Grant a nudge, when Carl mentioned he wanted to go for bass. I haven't bothered trying for a while - too many blank sessions eventually wore down my appetite for it - I'm not too sure how Grant is doing on that fron though(?)

I've got this week off, and so far I've have Snipe (garfish), mackerel, Black Bream and Golden Greys (the biggest 2oz shy of the record)...

The bays and harbours are teeming with sandeels and whitebait at the moment.

I tried Gorey tonight for Mullet - not even a sniff, but it definately looks like it has potential down there. I heard that a chap had 5 down there at the weekend, all in the 3-4lb range.

Ha! what's this - having a desperate hunt around for new venues already? Judging by his reports, it looks like you'd need a stick of dynamite to separate Phil from Fort D'Auvergne, and here you are gallivanting off to pastures new at the drop of a hat!

I'm expecting to have mullet & bass queuing up by the time I get there, you know... :)

Still waiting for a high tide to reach Leicester...

Ah sorry mate......at least they were queing up.......for my rod instead of yours!!! :D

(for the benefit of the rest of the AN gang, I caught my biggest mullet this year, within an hour of fishing with Carl yesterday - I've still got 10 days or so to catch him one before he goes - better do, or else my name will be DIRT!) :D:D

Reporting from Jersey here!

What Chippy didn't tell you is that he was trying out a novel new technique at the time he caught that mullet - spinning with bread... ahem... Seemed to work anyway. Have some good pics which I'll sort out soon.

I had a bite or two, but couldn't connect. Had some mackerel and a scad off the pier last night freelining a (frozen) sandeel. Had another bash at chippy's venue but didn't see a thing or get a bite. Must be the smell of his feet in the water that attracts them :D More soon!

Still waiting for a high tide to reach Leicester...