Pike Venues

Deedbait

That is a shame about conniston...such a beautful place

This s**t happens everywhere though...I took two carrier bags full of rubbish & lager cans off the

riverbank and to a bin last weekend :schmoll:

What really surprises me is the amount of f**king lure packets I find on the bank as well.....surely not a good thing to do for the reputation of pike anglers.

I just don't understand why people do it though....it's like s**tting on your own doorstep.

Also a good indication that certain stretches are 'well used' and time to go elsewhere.

Problem is as it gets cooler and winter kicks off the problem is going to get worse :schmoll:

I fully endorse your comments relating to rubbish left on the bank and often end up imitating a womble by bimbling around the site clearing up unwanted items left by others!

Why people don't take this away and leave the mark for other to enjoy is beyond me! :(

Never mind about the venues guys, maybe when I get the 16th post we can swap some locations via PMs.

About the venues

I know the very areas that you have been fishing from your description, they still produce fish but the loch is going through a cycle at the moment of producing smaller rather than larger fish.

The biggest problem at the moment is the signals that grab your bait seconds after it enters the water so you have to pop them up and thats not been the most productive way of fishing on there. Baits hard on the bottom has always been the preferred method with one popped up, now all of them are popped up to avoid the signals and I don't think the pike have got used to that yet

Boat fishing is better as you can avoid the unwanted attention of the signals