Fishing in lanzarote

poissonbleu

that particular fish was killed because no one on the 20 foot boat would volenteer to remove the hook incase they might have cut there finger

on the whites teeth.

the local priest came down to the harbour to bless the boat & skipper.

dont know exactly why..

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

sanctuary would you've been willing to remove the hook ? baring in mind the fish was as big as the boat and very aggressive!

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

Any Skipper you is not geared up with the right equipment should not be allowed to take people out to fish. The right equipment being hooks that rust quickly so he can cut the trace with out damaging him self or the fish. As for would I be willing to remove the hook, yes its a simple and quick job with the right tools.

I think this skipper was far more interested with getting that picture to attract more "Tourist" to fish his boat than he was for the welfare of the Shark or any one on board.

You have also got to take into account that attitudes to fish welfare vary from country to country and are rarely as enlightened as we find here in the UK or the USA.

I have seen German Anglers, on the River Ebro, slaughter Carp over 20lbs for the barbeque and I was in a tackle Shop in Chipiona on in Andalucia on Sunday which had pictures of dead Marlin, Amberjack, Corvina everywhere fish that we would have hoped would be returned.

We need to educate more and criticise less.

[ 02. March 2005, 02:25 PM: Message edited by: Tony U ]

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

i think to be honest a lot of us in the earlies nineties were guilty of not catching and releasing, i know i was as i would only have been in my teens and anything i caught was a miracle!!

but i thionk it is only more receantly that we are being educated to do otherwise??

"Colonel Gadaffi, knows more about fishing than the whole of westminster put together"

Alex Salmond 2004 SNP Leader

"Forza Dons"