Medway Report

Stoaty

Fished Saturday and Sunday inside and outside the river. Not much happening outside a few whiting in the 12" bracket, few bites. In the river things are much more lively now. Plenty of whiting a lot around 12" but some good ones in amongst them. Lot's of small codling up near the Medway City Estate. I expect they will move down the river with the bigger tides. Lots of herring and mackerel to small feathers from Saltpan Reach downstream. The mackerel are unusual. The herring are tasty. I put it down to the very clear water we seem to be getting. I saw a mullet pulled from Gillingham pier Saturday so they are still about as well. It looked a reasonable fish from the other side of the pier. (The angler thought so, as soon as he had returned the fish he was on the phone at 8am waking everyone up)

Stoaty

That angler was me, the fish was 3 1/2lbs'ish.

I was on the phone to a mate night fishing for Carp, he kept calling me to say he'd had yet another Bream.

Assume your's is the red boat . . something maid?

Andrew Boyd

Fished Saturday and Sunday inside and outside the river. Not much happening outside a few whiting in the 12" bracket, few bites. In the river things are much more lively now. Plenty of whiting a lot around 12" but some good ones in amongst them. Lot's of small codling up near the Medway City Estate. I expect they will move down the river with the bigger tides. Lots of herring and mackerel to small feathers from Saltpan Reach downstream. The mackerel are unusual. The herring are tasty. I put it down to the very clear water we seem to be getting. I saw a mullet pulled from Gillingham pier Saturday so they are still about as well. It looked a reasonable fish from the other side of the pier. (The angler thought so, as soon as he had returned the fish he was on the phone at 8am waking everyone up)

It conjures up an image of that comedian with the huge phone, bellowing at the top of his voice. Dom Jolly isn't it?

I don't think Andrew would shout quite that loud.[

Assume your's is the red boat . . something maid?

No I am the white one right on the end. I had a good view.

I was down there yesterday, midday and the mullet were leaping clear of the water behind my boat. There are loads of lip marks everywhere across the mud. I think the dredging is driving them crazy.

boatside.jpg

Nice boat.

Yep seen you before, you have the young lady as crew.

Give you a wave the next time I'm down there.

Giving Mullet a miss this weekend, after Barbel on the upper river instead.

Andrew Boyd