What Paddle

Adam Si

Hi All

As I have read before the free paddle is something to change early on and the Carlise Day tripper that came with my Malibu XL Two is ok but I could do with something better especially the past 2 weekends I have battled a headwind and its hard going alone in tandem. I have good upper body strength so I dont mind something that might be too big for some to paddle if that makes sense ?

Hi All

As I have read before the free paddle is something to change early on and the Carlise Day tripper that came with my Malibu XL Two is ok but I could do with something better especially the past 2 weekends I have battled a headwind and its hard going alone in tandem. I have good upper body strength so I dont mind something that might be too big for some to paddle if that makes sense ?

go for as light as you can afford---I think Carlisle are doing full carbons for around £150 at the moment and they are real nice :thumbs:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

It is nice but does take some getting used to. The two piece is such a sexy looking thing! I do like my £30 aluminium-handled bundled ones but the more I use the carbon one the more I find a difference - but ONLY in its intended role. the aluminium one is far superior in the surf it seems.

Wetter than an otter's pocket.

buy the best you can afford , I tried the carlisle Richi mentioned at the conger meet and it was superb , could balance it on my little finger. They are so light compared to the basic models you'll notice a huge diference at the end of the day , unless of course your nifty , it would seem his scaffolding pole is getting quite a following :D

Ok Prowler 13

buy the best you can afford , I tried the carlisle Richi mentioned at the conger meet and it was superb , could balance it on my little finger. They are so light compared to the basic models you'll notice a huge diference at the end of the day , unless of course your nifty , it would seem his scaffolding pole is getting quite a following :D

He kicks a#~e with it on most outings though, he cant half keep up a good pace :D

1 on the lure is worth 2 from the bait.

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

OK Prowler Trident Yellow

Kaskazi Pelican Orange on White ( CEZI B ) from www.kayakuk.com

Wilderness Tarpon 120 Yellow

Dughters Kayak OK Venus Blue & White (Kristi Boo)

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I

How much does the Carlisle weigh and is it a wing paddle?Richi - how does it compare to your kinetic wing?
It weighed(from memory)roughly the same as the wing but it was a touring type blade Speciman,how does it compare to the wing? All I can say is that it is a beautifully finished piece of kit and I WANT ONE! :D
He kicks a#~e with it on most outings though, he cant half keep up a good pace :D
I tried his scaffold pole one day while Nifty used the wing,not only did he leave me standing but my arms hurt :mellow: Edited by richi

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Thanks all for the replies any links be good or your photos of them also, there does not seem to be anything wrong with the day tripper and weight doesnt botther me but I seems like it doesnt dig in and give me enough resistance so feel I could use something more powerful