kessingland lowestoft fishing

munty

or lack of it .12 anglers .... no fish .no bites ,if the fish had been there they had glued shut mouths .loads of small fish etc taking hook after hook and cleaning it ,3 herring boats drift werking within a 100 yrds of me didnt help :angry: . so waste of £20 werms .£5 of squid n razor clams ... but i went for the sun didnt i .. saw 500 geese making shore over yarmouth way .will have to take a lok for them on the broads over the winter ;)

your only dead when folks forget you

Munty

Bad luck ol' flower. we all know how frustraiting it can be :giveup: . My wife and kids know to stay well clear of me when that happens. How does it normally fish then?

squibs

Take for need not for greed. A wise old fisherman told me and why should I argue with him?

Munty

Bad luck ol' flower. we all know how frustraiting it can be :giveup: . My wife and kids know to stay well clear of me when that happens. How does it normally fish then?

squibs

about tha same :D nah there is usually sumat to hook into even if its weavers.or whiting soles dabs bass odd doggie .had small skate off the point many years ago .when the cod are there then your lucks in .like most east coast places its pick a peg n chance ur arm mate , now oin the 70s... WOW

munty

Talking to a mate of mine, He reckings that that area can fish a blinder when the storms are blowing hard. Something to do with the area having bay like qualities and the fish come in for shelter and grub. So when the storms are up your luck should be in with any luck.

squibs

Take for need not for greed. A wise old fisherman told me and why should I argue with him?

You can't cast out to the codling at the moment unless you have very big arms. There were half a dozen of us out on kayaks on sunday, 1/4 mile out I was into whiting every drop (mostly pins) and had a pout and dab - all good fun on a spinning rod with 4oz lead. 1.5 miles out the other lads were into decent codling around 2-3lbs - one of whom had 17 in 3 days amongst all the other stuff. beautiful weather for it too.

Most of us had good fun on Oulton Broad piking as well, cracking weekend it was.

Wetter than an otter's pocket.

You can't cast out to the codling at the moment unless you have very big arms. There were half a dozen of us out on kayaks on sunday, 1/4 mile out I was into whiting every drop (mostly pins) and had a pout and dab - all good fun on a spinning rod with 4oz lead. 1.5 miles out the other lads were into decent codling around 2-3lbs - one of whom had 17 in 3 days amongst all the other stuff. beautiful weather for it too.

Most of us had good fun on Oulton Broad piking as well, cracking weekend it was.

nice one matey .be a bit bigger boat for me im afraid .my days in kayaks n canoes went ages ago :lol:

C'mon, you can't be too old or too big I'm sure - these things are not the normal kind of kayak that you sit inside. These are sexy...You can come and have a look or play sometime if you fancy - it's a great way to do things and the fishfinder can tell you where it might be worthwhile to drop your hook.

Incidentally, it's quite interesting to see how the seabed changes and why some places fish better than others. South beach for example, 200 yards out is still shallow, 2-3 metres, and a very slow drop. Pakefield and Kessingland drop very quickly to about 4-5 metres at the same distance. trouble is, all the fish were out in the 6-7 metre water minimum the other day, the codling being a couple of miles offshore in 10 metres plus.

C'mon, you can't be too old or too big I'm sure - these things are not the normal kind of kayak that you sit inside. These are sexy...You can come and have a look or play sometime if you fancy - it's a great way to do things and the fishfinder can tell you where it might be worthwhile to drop your hook.Incidentally, it's quite interesting to see how the seabed changes and why some places fish better than others. South beach for example, 200 yards out is still shallow, 2-3 metres, and a very slow drop. Pakefield and Kessingland drop very quickly to about 4-5 metres at the same distance. trouble is, all the fish were out in the 6-7 metre water minimum the other day, the codling being a couple of miles offshore in 10 metres plus.
when you going out next ? ,and where? will pop along for a look . the waters not a problem iether im ex service mate lol . its the 300 mile canoe trips that are beyond me now lol ;)
when you going out next ? ,and where? will pop along for a look . the waters not a problem iether im ex service mate lol . its the 300 mile canoe trips that are beyond me now lol ;)
and im building a boat over winter for just this kind of shore werk ,,,,, js dory 16ft :P

Not sure yet. I might go out on Sunday morning depending on weather (which looks very nice at the moment, 1ft swell at 10 seconds with a 5mph WNW blowing, 12 degrees and sun, although the tides aren't too great.) Might have to head out to the deep water in that case - or up and around birds eye. Or down to the rifle range just for a paddle.

Not sure yet. I might go out on Sunday morning depending on weather (which looks very nice at the moment, 1ft swell at 10 seconds with a 5mph WNW blowing, 12 degrees and sun, although the tides aren't too great.) Might have to head out to the deep water in that case - or up and around birds eye. Or down to the rifle range just for a paddle.

will pm ya me landline if ya going to be up pakefield will pop up and see whats cooking if ya have a time ,,