Like to learn

Billy Robertson

Hi

i would like to learn the basics of flyfishing so that i could go fishing and not make a complete fool of myself.

I live in gloucester and have never fly fished before.

Does anybody know where i could get some help or tuition

Thanks

Bily

Billy.

take a look at www.waderson.com.Should also be some fisheries in the area,certainly in the cotswolds where tuition is available.I would expect you would pay from £30-£40 an hour for a one to one casting lesson.

Hi

i would like to learn the basics of flyfishing so that i could go fishing and not make a complete fool of myself.

I live in gloucester and have never fly fished before.

Does anybody know where i could get some help or tuition

Thanks

Bily

Hi Billy,

I provide tuition day's at Watermark Trout Fishery, South Cerney, so we are not far for you to travel.

Further details of options available at: - http://www.midlands-flyfishing.co.uk/tuition.htm

Drop me a line if you have any questions.

Steve

Hi Billy

Like you I am fairly new to fly fishing. I started last year. I was very fortunate to have a friend who was very patient with me and spent a day showing me the basics.

What I would say is that you will spend many days afterwards looking daft as you pick flies out of your jacket, hair and any other part of your body you care to mention.

You will have many trips spent mostly picking out knotts in your leader and untangling the flies from the rod when you catch it on the forward cast.

I found that experienced anglers, rather than laugh at me were, very helpful and constructive. I had many people come to me and say "I was watching you and I can see exactly what you are doing wrong" This was very helpful and I had many conversations with good anglers who were delighted to assist a new guy.

I am now casting reasonably well with 3 flies and can spend a whole day with the same leader !! Stick with it through the frustrating days where you cant seem to get anywhere because you will have the eurka moments where you get it. Every time I go out I get a little better. I come home now wothout the sore shoulder which is nice.

Stick with it and I hope you have the same experience as me with other anglers.

Cheers

Stephen

Hi Billy

Like you I am fairly new to fly fishing. I started last year. I was very fortunate to have a friend who was very patient with me and spent a day showing me the basics.

What I would say is that you will spend many days afterwards looking daft as you pick flies out of your jacket, hair and any other part of your body you care to mention.

You will have many trips spent mostly picking out knotts in your leader and untangling the flies from the rod when you catch it on the forward cast.

I found that experienced anglers, rather than laugh at me were, very helpful and constructive. I had many people come to me and say "I was watching you and I can see exactly what you are doing wrong" This was very helpful and I had many conversations with good anglers who were delighted to assist a new guy.

I am now casting reasonably well with 3 flies and can spend a whole day with the same leader !! Stick with it through the frustrating days where you cant seem to get anywhere because you will have the eurka moments where you get it. Every time I go out I get a little better. I come home now wothout the sore shoulder which is nice.

Stick with it and I hope you have the same experience as me with other anglers.

Cheers

Stephen

Thanks Stephen

Just going to book a days tution and will be sticking with it

Billy