Tockingham first 40

BigFishNut

Well, where do i start.

10am and jimbo and myself where sat at my house talking about the trip ahead with only one thing in mind, "has them two upper 30's put on enough waite" we put a game plane togeather that we would only bait with boiles and lay off the pelets as we did not want to be snoted out this time round by bream, so we set off for the lake.

11:25: we arived at the lake to find apart from only one noddy angler on the lake we had it to our selfs, we did 3 walks round the lake to both deside on the deep end of the lake where the reed beds end and it turns in to deep silt in around 15ft of water, a quick beer and a fryup and it was time to get the markers out and the spods at the ready, after a quick couple of casts a spot was agreed on where the water shelfed off from 12ft to 14 1/2ft, leads cast out and marers set it was very choddy so we stuck to our plan and only put in boiles (6kg of tails up SC25) we boyth placed 1 rod on this spot and both placed one on the margin shelf.

8pm: jimbo had a couple of liners on the open water spot but apart from that no action at all.

11:30pm: we crushed 5kg of SC25 up over a handfull of beers and spodded them out over the open water spot.

about 3 spods worth from the end jimbos open water rod let off a 6 beep drop-back only to lift till the swinger held at the blank, he lifted in to the fish and it just held its ground for about 5 mins before slowley bringing to towards us, it came to the margins only to plod up and down for another 5 mins without a site of the fish, jimbo and myself both looked at each other and said almost in tamdum "is this the 30 again" a couple of mins latter a fish lifted its head and droped in to the net, jimbo looked at me and said "is it that 30 again" i replyed "yes mate looked like it" as i lifted the net a almost screamed out "no mate this int no 30, its well in to its 40's" we folded the net up and stoped to take it all in, i lifted the net up to the matt, as we unfolded the net from around her we could both see it was not a fish we had landed before and let out a big girls scream, we unhooked her and returned her to the water in a sack to rest for a wile we both let our hands stop shacking so we could waigh her. 2 cans latter and lots of fags we set everything up for the big moment..........................................................................

....................stay tuned for more info, its not worth missing (full story and photos to be posted soon)

Work Is For People That Dont Know How To Fish!!

The Big Moment had arived to see what the new tockenham lake record would do on the scales, with everything ready jimbo went and got the fish with a big grunt as he lifted it from the water the fish now knowen as "greedy" was lay on the unhooking matt, we both stood there with big smiles on our faces for a moment then i held her up on the scales, 10-----20-----30----40-----48lb 3oz's, jimbo let out yet another big girls scream, i think it had just hit home what we had got laying there infrount of him as his hands really started to shake like mad.

i did the honers with the camra and snapped off half a dozzen pics, i think jimbos smile got bigger with every pic i had taken, i would like to point out that jimbo is not his real name but he dose not want people to know what water hes fishing at the moment so we will stick with jimbo for the moment.

Untill hes ready to let on who he is i can only post this one pic of the fish and not his face but i think your see why he was so happy.

post-13190-1192784428_thumb.jpg

we packed up the next morning with no other fish to show for the trip but as you mite have guessed allready we where not botherd.

Untill next time

Tight lines to all

Jimbo and Gav

Work Is For People That Dont Know How To Fish!!