Snakefly...?

Pipe

What do you guys think of a snakefly pattern? I have seen bass and catfish hit snakes swimming on the water! How would you tie a snake fly pattern that it moves like a snake on water? I have seen these plastic lures on the net and guys are catching big bass on them!

post-12572-1194622832_thumb.jpg

Yes please!

What do you guys think of a snakefly pattern? I have seen bass and catfish hit snakes swimming on the water! How would you tie a snake fly pattern that it moves like a snake on water? I have seen these plastic lures on the net and guys are catching big bass on them!

I will try and explain.

Get a size 6 single hook and cut just above the bend so you are left with shank and the eye.

Whip on to this some mono about 10/15lb breaking strain and put a treble on the end, size of treble and length of mono ,your choice.

Dress with mylar tubing by passing tubing over mono, secure at head and just above treble and tie a wing on to the head.

Have used it with some success a few years ago for S/Trout in the sea.

Tight lines.