Temporary Fitting of a Fish Finder

Pav

Have A Cuda 128? , thats been sat in my garage unused for a couple of years now. I did fit to my previous Yak but didn't value it that much. If fish are in the bay I found it just distracted me from my own gut feelings which generally do me well.

Old Yak is now gone and I paddled my Mini X this summer. Great little boat and suits me fine. Clearing the garage today I found the fishfinder! , and would like to use it on the mini X.

http://www.bournemouthcanoes.co.uk/product...yaks/mini-x.htm

I would usually not want the extra clutter but would like the option to use the fishfinder occasionally. I reckon I can figure out a way to secure the finder itself which isn't permanent but a little bit stuck as to how to mount the transducer so it can be easily removed.

If anyone else has tackled a similar problem would be interested to see photos or notes. I've access to a workshop so construction / materials aren't a problem.

thanks.

Where did you get the waterproof cable plug and socket?

Can you cut the transucer cable and rewire it to make it tidy as its far too long.

If there is a web link to the socket types your decribing that would be useful. thanks :thumbs:

hi pav

i mounted my transducer permenant in the hull then cuc the cable and used a water proof cable plug and scoket

therefor i can remove fishfinder and leave transducer in place

regards simon

Can you cut the transucer cable and rewire it to make it tidy as its far too long.

Kiss your guarantee good bye if you cut the cable

Lat/Long :- N50°58.366 W001°26.468

I must go down to the sea again

To the lonely sea and sky

I left my shoes and socks there

I wonder if they're dry?

waterproof conectors here

http://www.bulgin.co.uk/

dont shorten cable as you will alter internal resistance of cable and this may effect operation

i just cut and joined cables leaving at same length

you need to make sure the cable screen is also connected

it calls either for fine soldering or there is a crimp medhord

the sales lady at bulgin very helpfull

hope this helps

simon