pole

gth

Hi All.

I'm thinking of buying a second hand Preston Lerc 3051 pole as a back up, anyone got any info on this pole, would be very gratefull ;)

FISHING IS BETTER THAN THERAPY

hi ur not getting it off e-bay by any chance???......

ive not had it personnally but one of the younger lads had this pole in a match during the summer he did well with it even though it is quite heavy in comparison to alot of poles and he decided to carry on after the match was over as every1 was packing up he hooked into a carp it took off down the margin and before you know it the 5th snapped clean in half this could of just been a weekness as it was an old pole?

what are you going to be fishing for and where are you planning on getting it??

tight lines

hi ur not getting it off e-bay by any chance???......

ive not had it personnally but one of the younger lads had this pole in a match during the summer he did well with it even though it is quite heavy in comparison to alot of poles and he decided to carry on after the match was over as every1 was packing up he hooked into a carp it took off down the margin and before you know it the 5th snapped clean in half this could of just been a weekness as it was an old pole?

what are you going to be fishing for and where are you planning on getting it??

It supposed to be very light 980grms and has an elasic rating of 14, yes I was going to buy it off EBay

again depends on what your using it for and how much its going to finish at for a 2nd pole i think it will be fine but in my experiance with poles its allways worth saving and spending that little bit more! ill have a quick browse now and see what i can see?

tight lines

just had a browse for what you might be looking for on ebay at the minute there is the map cfs 14.5 pole buy it now for 159 pound with 4 top kits these poles are brilliant all round bagging poles there a little heavier then the pole u were looking at but they are so solid and like i said brilliant bagging poles.

there is also a map carptex pole again 14.5 its only at 27 quid with just under 2 days left on it plenty of top kits with this and cupping kit

and the best till last the maver medusa its obviously only just been put on 3 days left at 99p but definately 1 to watch these poles are awesome they still keep up with todays standards they were 1000 pound poles when they first hit the market like i said it pays to fork out that little bit extra quick way i went through ebay is course fishing typed in pole went to used items only and the went highest first then scroll down to your selected priceand further to see whats coming up and worth watching

hope ive been helpful however your more then in your rights to tell me where to get off

tight lines

stu

tight lines

At at guess, that 99p pole will have a reserve on it. Minimum reserve for UK listings is £50 so if there is one, it will be that or more. A minimum bid will tell you instantly if there is a reserve.

If there is, put in a bid of £4999 and your bid will immediately jump to the reserve amount. Retract using the 'bid the wrong amount' and bid again for £49.99 which will bring you back below the reserve and no longer the winner unless you like the price and want to compete.

The immediate retraction and bidding an amount that looks like you simply goofed the decimal point will not cause you any sort of problems. Just don't let on I told you how to do this.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

again depends on what your using it for and how much its going to finish at for a 2nd pole i think it will be fine but in my experiance with poles its allways worth saving and spending that little bit more! ill have a quick browse now and see what i can see?

It will cost me £100 as it's hardley been used and is rated at a 14 elastic

At at guess, that 99p pole will have a reserve on it. Minimum reserve for UK listings is £50 so if there is one, it will be that or more. A minimum bid will tell you instantly if there is a reserve.

If there is, put in a bid of £4999 and your bid will immediately jump to the reserve amount. Retract using the 'bid the wrong amount' and bid again for £49.99 which will bring you back below the reserve and no longer the winner unless you like the price and want to compete.

The immediate retraction and bidding an amount that looks like you simply goofed the decimal point will not cause you any sort of problems. Just don't let on I told you how to do this.

thanks both for the info, thats a good trick of yours Newt, worth remembering, I will use the pole if I buy it for carp, just hope the number 5 section isn't a faulty one like Stu mentioned, I will check it out, thanks both very much.