Upper River lea

Peter M

I fish the River lea at a lot of places from Ware down to Waltham Abbey. The popular spots are often busy and barbel as well as other good size fish are caught. however, i am becoming interested in trying the upper river but confess i know little of where to go or what it is like. I know the river starts life in Bedfordshire and would like to hear from any one who has fished the upper river or has any other info on the subject.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

If you want to join a club Verulam has the upper Lea fairly well covered around Wheathampstead but there is a free stretch there as well behind the Bull pub.

Nothing of any size but usually a few bites.

Lower down around Hertford is worth investigating. I had 12's there 8 years ago and they were not old fish so should have grown on but due to me and the guy I used to fish with having moved I have lost touch with what is happening.

Cheers

Andy

ANMC Member, Go on you want to too !