Which Kayac ?

JV44

Hi guys never tried this kayak fishing thing but fancy giving it a go,Have a basic canoe that i use on the thames which is obviously no good for this sea fishing mallarkey so which makes would be my best bet?.

Would like to use it for a bit of pike fishing on the thames as well,I currently use a boat called a porta bote for my pike fishing www.porta-bote.com which is brill for two anglers but really needs 2 of you to put together and launch so like the idea of easier launching of kayak.

Last year at a local boat show myself and a mate looked at some kyaks that had a sort of chain link system to some flippers under the kayak that you pushed with your legs but i cant remember the name of the kayak[to long in the beer tent on a hot afternoon] are these any good?

I have a portable garmin fish finder that i use on the porta bote how can you fix the transducer to the kayac without making it permanent ?[ie will suction cup stick to curved hull].

Are they comfortable to sit in all day ? as the porta bote has swivel seats which are and when i have been out for a day in the canoe my back knows all about it.

Realise that its not a fair comparision but just after some pionters before spending a load of dosh ,are there any dealers around the south berks/bucks /hampshire areas ? thanks in advance steve.

Edited by JV44

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Hi guys never tried this kayak fishing thing but fancy giving it a go,Have a basic canoe that i use on the thames which is obviously no good for this sea fishing mallarkey so which makes would be my best bet?.

Would like to use it for a bit of pike fishing on the thames as well,I currently use a boat called a porta bote for my pike fishing www.porta-bote.com which is brill for two anglers but really needs 2 of you to put together and launch so like the idea of easier launching of kayak.

Last year at a local boat show myself and a mate looked at some kyaks that had a sort of chain link system to some flippers under the kayak that you pushed with your legs but i cant remember the name of the kayak[to long in the beer tent on a hot afternoon] are these any good?

I have a portable garmin fish finder that i use on the porta bote how can you fix the transducer to the kayac without making it permanent ?[ie will suction cup stick to curved hull].

Are they comfortable to sit in all day ? as the porta bote has swivel seats which are and when i have been out for a day in the canoe my back knows all about it.

Realise that its not a fair comparision but just after some pionters before spending a load of dosh ,are there any dealers around the south berks/bucks /hampshire areas ? thanks in advance steve.

at Berkshire canoes they hire out S.O.T.s by the hour or day,you should pop along there and look at their range and take one for a spin---here is a link to them

http://www.berkshirecanoesandkayaks.co.uk/content/hire

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

at Berkshire canoes they hire out S.O.T.s by the hour or day,you should pop along there and look at their range and take one for a spin---here is a link to them

http://www.berkshirecanoesandkayaks.co.uk/content/hire

Cheers for the advice richi its just upriver from where we keep the cruiser at the marina so will def pop in and have a play with one steve

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream: