Anyone fished in Cyprus recently?

Houseplant

I've fished the dams in Cyprus on and off for the past 15 years at least. When they were first stocked with fish, they provided some excellent sport. Massive bags of carp and bass always ready to jump on a spinner or fly. Sadly, today, I don't find this to be the case. If the Cypriot coarse fishing websites are to be believed, poor rainfall, over-abstraction, bass fishing tournaments where large number of fish are killed and a run down stocking program are to blame. Have to say my own experience bears this out and today, I didn't even see signs of fish life on one of the dams. Anyone else fished in Cyprus recently?

At least it's nice and sunny here :), but back in the UK soon :(

Jack Pike Hunter Extraordinaire

I've fished the dams in Cyprus on and off for the past 15 years at least. When they were first stocked with fish, they provided some excellent sport. Massive bags of carp and bass always ready to jump on a spinner or fly. Sadly, today, I don't find this to be the case. If the Cypriot coarse fishing websites are to be believed, poor rainfall, over-abstraction, bass fishing tournaments where large number of fish are killed and a run down stocking program are to blame. Have to say my own experience bears this out and today, I didn't even see signs of fish life on one of the dams. Anyone else fished in Cyprus recently?

At least it's nice and sunny here :), but back in the UK soon :(

Hi

I`ve fished Cyprus over a few years but hardly bother now.The rain fall over the last two winters has been negligable and some of the smaller resevoirs are virtually dry.Add to that the ever present night fishing and barbie brigade,the same ones we have over here,and the fish stocks have all but dissappeared.It`s a warning to us all.