River Avon

briandion1947

I used to fish the Avon at Amesbury quite a lot when I lived at Larkhill. Stick float, Waggler and using a bomb all worked for a nice simple days fishing. There are trout there as well.

If you go down the A303 towards exeter and turn left at the roundabout signposted Amesbury (A345), just after you turn off you'll see a lay-by on your right hand side, park in there and then cross the road to a gate to a path called Lords walk. The path follows the river, the first leg from the road bridge to where the river emerges from the wooded area is free, once the river emerges from the woods it becomes a club controlled stretch to the next bridge under the A303. Salisbury Angling club run it but they do sell day tickets for the stretch from the cycle and tackle shop in town, I think they were about 3 quid.

I found the fishing equally good all down the stretch but the day ticket part has easier access to the bank. I used to catch well running a stick under the bridge on the A345.

Thank you very much for the information it will be very helpfull. Bria Dion

I think with the Avon in so many Counties it would help if you stated the Warickshire, Hampshire or Bristol, or mabe you are going to fish them all. :huh:

lyn

I think we would be looking at the Warickshire Avon at the moment. I have fished the Avon at Bristol quite a lot in the past, fished two all England chanpionships on that part of the river.

Yours Thankfully

Brian Dion

I think we would be looking at the Warickshire Avon at the moment. I have fished the Avon at Bristol quite a lot in the past, fished two all England chanpionships on that part of the river.

Yours Thankfully

Brian Dion

Brian, they are 3 completely different rivers. I made the same mistake awhile back about the Warwicks and Bristol ones. Forgive me if you already realise this and I have misread you.

John

john clarke