Faster Surfing for Oz

Leon Roskilly

The bloke wot got kicked outa parlymint didn't want it, but Kev007 did. Howard then decided he wanted it after all. The upshot is that Australia is waaaaaaay behind in broadband, and 'hopes' to catch up, but at a greater cost....My local area has only just got ADSL2.....But I still cannot get it. :angry:

I believe the cheapest package is about $49/$55 per month, even in the cities.

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

I believe the cheapest package is about $49/$55 per month, even in the cities.

What's the kind of take-up Bob?

ie Almost everyone on the Internet, or one or two houses in every street?

I've often wondered why so many people I know from my days in Australia are 'invisible', yet in the UK old schoolmates and long-lost friends keep popping up.

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

What's the kind of take-up Bob?

ie Almost everyone on the Internet, or one or two houses in every street?

I've often wondered why so many people I know from my days in Australia are 'invisible', yet in the UK old schoolmates and long-lost friends keep popping up.

Hard to say, mate. I would suggest that 90% in the cities and sliding down from that to about 5% in 'the outback', the further out, the fewer...My little town, Ball Bay, has about 80-90 residents and I only know of 5 on the net

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.