Pike Fishing The Chedder Res?

STAG SPOT

I was just wanting to know if any one has fished the chedder res at this time of year for pike, if so or if not what would you guys do on this type of water, out of dead bait or lure fishing and any rig ideas would be great?

cheers

Straight ledger, 3oz weights, popped up mackerel and boosted to the horizon usually works there along with fishing close to the valve towers.

Had a few out on lures....mainly 6in rubber shads and big S plugs but haven't really fished it enough using those tactics to advise on that.

Budgie reports having some fish recently on some 6" and 10" rubber lures. I know he bought some perch appearing ones and several others so not sure which ones did the deed.

Added advantage to lure fishing is that it helps keep you warm although with the weight of that 10" (over 5oz) you might also build up some arm muscle. :D

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President