Top servise, very unusual!

Sutton Warrior

I reported recently the purchase of a New Nikon D80 Camera. Well, things have not gone to plan, the white balance was acting up. Purchased from SRS in Watford, Hertfordshire, part of my old stomping ground before we moved to Suffolk. SRS is a shop I have dealt with on and off with for nearly 20 years.

After adjusting everything in the menu that was adjustable, and there is loads. I finally admitted defeat, its not me its the camera? I took it back today expecting a fight, of the 'blinding with science' variety . . . No off it the manager listened, then systematically went through the possible causes . . . yes, "the camera has an inconsistency in its white balance", says he. "We can send it back to . . . " I butted it, no, its 10 days old . . . "yes of course, you would like a new one"?

And so, all praise, no real fight, no puffing and blowing, no teeth sucking, the new body was duly handed over. Hazel and I finished the day of with a bit of enjoyable shopping and a 'Mc'y D', I know how to show a girl a 'good time' :D Thats the first MD we have had for a couple of years, Hazel had a Chicken burger, I had a Bean Berger, with fries . . . :rolleyes: I know, it had to be with fries. At least we did not stoop to reconstituted shoe leather :yucky: cant wait for another 2 years <_<

Not had chance to do anything with the new body, did not get home until 7 o'clock, drivers trying to knock down lamp posts on the motor way!! Looking forward to some weather?? :camera:

SRS have a web site, very fair. SW

PS

I'll be judging the Jan comp over the weekend, 24 hours left!!

Edited by Sutton Warrior

As the camera was only 10 days old you were entitled to a new replacement.

However, it's always good to hear of good service, and the knowledge shown by the shop staff is commendable.

No doubt you will be using that shop again !!

Wiggly. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edited by MrWiggly

The Older I get .. The better I was.