any info on West Mersea ?

Danny H

Got to spend next weekend on west Mersea.

Essex

Is it worth fishing there?

What ( If any) fish could be expected there at this time of year.

I am primarily a course angler, so any info no matter how obvious you think it is, would be worthwhile.

All the best

dan

Danny H:

Got to spend next weekend on west Mersea.

Essex

Is it worth fishing there?

What ( If any) fish could be expected there at this time of year.

I am primarily a course angler, so any info no matter how obvious you think it is, would be worthwhile.

All the best

dan

Used to catch flounder and eels from the beach, and 'coarse' fish for eels in the dykes.

You really need to get out in a boat for the best fishing.

Used to take plaice in the creeks.

Cod and whiting out in the estuary during the Winter, and tope and thornbacks during the Summer.

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Not angling, but check out this article .

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Danny H:

Cheers Leon, Like you I am a great fan of Lures, shame the magic words Mullet, or Bass are not mentioned.

Cheers for info

Sorry Danny, I didn't know how to go about catching mullet in the days when we kept our boat at West Mersea.

They sure did torment us when we lay at anchor, out in the estuary, on calm warm summer days.

Big fish, and big weals on the water, with absolutely no idea about how to go about catching them.

I'm sure that there would be plenty of places along the creeks and moorings where mullet would feed.

Getting them educated to bread without a few days pre-baiting would be the problem :(

Er, Bob Cox's son is into mullet in a big way. It might be worth giving him a call (sorry, I don't have his number).

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust