ANOTHER wireless problem!

Chris Goddard

I have installed a CARD as opposed to a USB wireless connection in the wifes PC. BUT Allthough I can scan and find the connection for some reaspon the key is nOT being accepted?? I am using the key originally sent from ORANGE and I can connect to the laptop. But of course there is a problem!! I cannot retreive the key from the laptop as it has lost the configuration for the Linksys configurer!! And the key on the pC is being reported as a 128 bit key, BUT this is different from the key on the wireless livebox!! BOTH 128bit but both different?? But as it works.......

Now is there something i can do to find the setup on the laptop?? IE On the PC I use http://192.168.*.* can I use the same on the laptop? I figure that way if I find THAT key it should be the right one?? Or is that TOO simple??

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Hi Chris-

You should be able to use your browser to web into your access point on any computer. It should prompt for a password and username. You'll probably have the same issue with the key though. What is the make and model of your access point?

If you can log into the access point just change the key to whatever you like- then go to each pc and put your new key in. If you can't remember the key you may have to reset it to factory then start again.

The key may appear different but could very well be the same depending on the encryption method.

Edited by Jeff S

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...

Cheers Jeff! I have sussed it, the problem was the actual router itself> On the back of the router are two buttons and you have to press number one to allow access through the internal firewall!! I had of course done the PC one but hadn't realised the router had one as well!

Anyone having a problem with a LIVEBOX modem I reckon I could now help out! But as they are shipped by FRANCE TELECOM.......... :lol:

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))