yet another noob

kiemp4

after losing one of my legs and having a few operations on my back and remaining leg, i decided last july to take up fishing again after giving the sport up after the accident that resulted in my right leg becoming a distant memory in 1981. having just got back on the net and stumbling across this site it seemed to me that you other members are the kind of guys i wanna talk to, so without further ado, HELLO. It's good to be part of your community and i look forward to a productive future in a piscatorial sense. Im presently a member of wigan aa and newton le willows aa and whilst any type of fishing is up my street, I must admit that pike and carp are the way I want to go and any tips on locations, baits and methods which put me in the doubles club will be gratefully welcomed. so its best foot forward (mines a carbon and latex blank with kevlar foot rings and ive got photos to prove it - or was it 5 toes ?) and onward to tight lines and understanding wives. See you on the bank or the forum :P:D;)

Welcome to AnglersNet and welcome back to fishing.

It will help in giving suggestions to know if you are fully mobile or if you have some limitations.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Welcome to AN. :thumbs:

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

Welcome to AN. :thumbs:

Thanx for the welcomes

In answer to the question of mobility, I am fortunate enough to be able to get around quite well and am lucky enough to own a decent motor to get me to the water. My only real limitations are carrying tackle any distance, so I tend to look for waters where I can see my car from my peg and dont have to walk too far and also steep banks etc are a bit risky for me when fishing alone. but generally, Im ok for getting about.

I've learned that there aint any point in complaining, Nobody listens , so I just get on with it and have a go. If I cant do it, at least I tried