Which Part Of the Lake to Fish?

lopex

I will be fishing a a steam fed 37 acres lake on next Friday that has been closed for the past three months. The weather is looking like being warm 10c ish with a bit of rain.

The lake is fed from the west by a small steam and is dammed on the west end. The depth starts at about 2-3 feet in the west and rises to 10-15 feet in the far end.

I have been pre baiting an area in the shallow end that in great for carp in the summer. But I feel I may have been wasting my time and bait as the temperature has dropped greatly in the past few weeks. I have blanked at this end of the lake twice before and after xmas.

I know its a bit of a shot in the dark but where shall I fish?? (for carp)

Edited by lopex

Answered my own question. Went to chuck in some more bait in the shallow end and the water was not even cold to the touch. Chucked in a bag of pellets and half a bag of richworth tutti and sat back tp watch the lake. 5 mins later I saw a few cap roll and jump out of the water just where I had put in the bait.

Lops, can I suggest you get yourself a thermometer? not essential, but at least you will know if the water has actually changed temp, and by how much, and which way it is going (up or down).

If you don't want to bother, then just go on feeding the swim and watching for fish :) :)

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic