BROKEN ROD TIP

dancollins50

I HAVE BROKEN THE TOP 3" OF MY 14' MATCH ROD . ITS A BROWNING AND I WONDERED IF I COULD GET A NEW TOP OR DO YOU THINK I SHOULD JUST GET A NEW TOP EYE WHIPPED ON. WOULD IT AFFECT THE HANDLING ETC.,DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW I COULD CONTACT BROWNING IN THE UK... TITE LINES DANNY :D

here is brownings website (zebco) if not in english clck the union jack on the left side panel to convert.

http://www.zebco-europe.net/zebco/index.php?page=396

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

Why not just fit a tip ring on and try it.

I think you should be able to get a suitable one from a decent tackle shop. Not to hard to fit and you have got nothing to lose except a couple of quid maybe for the new tip ring.

If you then manage to get a new section you will have a usable spare.

• 3 weeks later...
Why not just fit a tip ring on and try it.

I think you should be able to get a suitable one from a decent tackle shop. Not to hard to fit and you have got nothing to lose except a couple of quid maybe for the new tip ring.

If you then manage to get a new section you will have a usable spare.

good idea Barry i will try that. cheers Dan

I wouldnt have thought it would be a problem but if that missing few inches makes the rod feel pants then you can just renew the tip.If it is a spliced tip rod then just undo the whipping and tap out the spliced in section.If its a hollow tip then simply cut it back and splice a tip in!

If you need to do this (a lot easier than you may think) get back to me and I will send you a link to some illustrated instructions.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!