Oulton Broad

SPSwallow

Does anyone know if it is any good for pike this time of year? I had a crash and wrote my car off and this is the nearest place on the broads I can cycle to. Cheers

The harsh reality is that it is over fished, that too many less than able pikers fish it, that pike stocks have seriously declined over the last few years as result of the afore mentioned, and last year the Broad was inundated with salt water. Yes, there are a few pike, but it is hard going. Fritton and the Trinity Broads are well worth looking at, but even they are less productive than of recent years.

The harsh reality is that it is over fished, that too many less than able pikers fish it, that pike stocks have seriously declined over the last few years as result of the afore mentioned, and last year the Broad was inundated with salt water. Yes, there are a few pike, but it is hard going. Fritton and the Trinity Broads are well worth looking at, but even they are less productive than of recent years.

Ok thanks

Can you get to the bank on fritton, just had a look at a satalite overhead picture and there are no tracks going to the lake

You can but it would be like fishing with your hands tied behind your back. You really do need to hire a boat. Stick to the North shore and you will catch.

You can but it would be like fishing with your hands tied behind your back. You really do need to hire a boat. Stick to the North shore and you will catch.

Ok, thanks. Any idea how much they charge?