BAIT CASTING REEL

For sale diawa pt10e bait casting reel

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Daiwa-PT10E-Baitcasting-Reel

This reel was brought in USA over 20 years ago but has never been used. It is brand new in box with instructions. The following description has been taken from from the net to give as much information as possible.

"I believe that Daiwa was the first manufacturer to attempt to install a chip into a casting reel when they introduced their Procaster Tournament Series high-speed microcomputerized magnetic anti-backlash reels in 1985. If you can get through that mouthful of a name, you learn that the Model PT 10E and PT 15E reels were fitted with a "Microcomputer" that revealed how far you were casting, how deep your lure is running, and how fast you are retrieving. The fisherman/computer programmer input the line test, line length and other parameters and the little LCD readout on the top of the reel revealed how much line is out during a cast. The readout also beeped every second after a cast to help you count down a sinking lure to the proper depth. The microcomputer was powered by a watch battery, and cost in the neighborhood of $150.00. Needless to say, they were not big sellers and were gone from most retail catalogs in a few years."

P4030004.jpg

Edited by Elton

Try This One

Not positive but I strongly suspect it is the same reel listing.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President