Boat scrap yards? anyone know of any?

david t

Hello,

The prop on my ZF inboard transmission is broken, I need another prop. Rather than buying a new one, could anyone tell me if there are any good boat scrap yards around which might be able to sell me a good second hand prop?

I live in the south east, but I would be willing to travel to get one.

Cheers

dave

Anyone?

Just found out that a new prop would cost over £200. Its a volvo type pin drive prop (11 inch), so if anyone has one of them kicking around I would love to here from you! Just spent £100 on two bearings for the transmission, so I really dont want to go spend another 200!

cheers

dave

Guest sandpipper

Hi ive just been trying to find the link to a guy in farborough who done mine for me only charged me £40 when i find it i will pm you.Tony

Cheers, I will have a look in the boat mags in whsmiths, hopefully there will be something in there. Would be helpful if you could find a link for me, so far most people have said they cant repair my type of prop.

dave

Cheers, I will have a look in the boat mags in whsmiths, hopefully there will be something in there. Would be helpful if you could find a link for me, so far most people have said they cant repair my type of prop.

dave

Have you thought of looking at a Boat Jumble held at various locations around the country.

Try this link

www.boatjumbleassociation.co.uk

Hope this works it's my first post on this forum! :rolleyes:

Cheers and good luck!

Billy