New to sea fishing

wisey

Hey all. I havent long been back from perth in Austrailia where i discovered beach fishing. Now am back in UK and live in seaford, sussex where i can see the sea from my lounge window i thourght i would give it a go here but know a limeted amount and am looking for general advise. Thanks

Sussex is a bit off my patch, but the principles are the same all over the coast. Best thing is to go down to the beach and talk to the anglers, they wont give their secrets away but should be able to point you in the right direction! If you are after bass dawn and dusk are best when they come in real close, so big baits close in work a treat, river mouths and rocky inlets also hold them

Dan

Edited by Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

Sussex is a bit off my patch, but the principles are the same all over the coast. Best thing is to go down to the beach and talk to the anglers, they wont give their secrets away but should be able to point you in the right direction! If you are after bass dawn and dusk are best when they come in real close, so big baits close in work a treat, river mouths and rocky inlets also hold them

Dan

Thanks alot. What bait do you recomend to use for bass?

Well you could write a book on that! The best bet is what they feed on locally, but peeler crab, squid and sandeels work well, or try your hand at fly fishing for them, but dont ask me I'm rubbish!!

Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

ragworm and all of those that dan has said below also try using a lures and rubbers baits in small channels IF you dont catch on your first time dont be dissapointed and keep trying just make sure your fishing the right spot

tight lines mike

Edited by carphead07

mike finlay the carpinator

ragworm and all of those that dan has said below also try using a lures and rubbers baits in small channels IF you dont catch on your first time dont be dissapointed and keep trying just make sure your fishing the right spot

tight lines mike

Thanks for the advise mate. is it worth chucking lures out off the beach or are they better for boat fishing? what weights do yo reckomend, i got some 4 and 5 oz today do i need any heavier/lighter or both?