Waters near or in Clacton-on-Sea, Exxes

fruitloopy

My father has been going to the same place now for almost a year in Clacton-on-Sea and he is getting bored.

He's not too great on this internetwork thingy so doesnt find it to easy to find other places to go. He has asked in the local tackle shop but only seems to be pointed towards syndicates or members only.

I think he has already applied to one of these for when the season starts again but until then he would like to try new places.

He has been going to a commercial water in Weeley so far and doesnt know of any others.

Does anyone here live in the area or know of good waters around that he can try?

Cheers.

There is the Suffolk Water Park http://www.suffolkwaterpark.com/ just outside Ipswich on the A14 which is maybe 3/4 of an hour away where there are a variety of very good lakes all available on a day ticket. You can park behind almost every peg there as well.

There is the Dock River in Harwich but I don't know who controls that. I believe it is canal like but probably has a closed season. Just outside Colchester on the A12 north is Ardleigh Reservoir which involves a bit of a walk but used be very good for big perch, roach and bream. Hope that helps.

I have fished Ardleigh a few times recently.

Its dayticket £6 for senior or £3 concessions.

The wick lane end is interesting as for the main reservoir you can fish very close to your car as the road runs along it and you hop over a fence with stiles.

There is a bridge that crosses here and the other side of bridge is a smaller part of reservoir that is seperated by road bridge. This is packed full of most species with a much higher concentration of fish compared with main reservoir. It is also a short walk.

A friend of mine and I fished it the sunday a few weeks ago when it snowed and we caught roach perch rudd small skimmers hybrids and gudgeon all day.

If you need any more info just ask

John