Are we living in a golden age of perch?

Dave H

Good post chesters

On saturday i trundled down my local day ticket water ( literally 5 minutes by car) for an evening ticket to catch some twilight perch and all 4 lakes were packed and i can honestly say that every swim (as i walked through them all to the furthest lake were all ledgering for carp and not one float fished. You would have least seen someone float fishing 20 years back but not one.

I found only 2 swims and one looked perchy but over hanging trees meant it would be hard casting so i decided to just flip the float under a bush.

After a few perch around the 2lb mark i spotted a carp right under the swim and just lightly dabbed it in its path and off it went with a 18lb 4oz in the bag and i never heard one buzz all round the lake from 4pm until 9pm when i upped and left.

Result was 5 Perch from 2lb-3lb a 5lb carp and the 18lber and my last catch was a 2lb 6oz eel .

There are some very big perch and a potential record eel in these lakes big roach and bream and yet its carp 'everyone ' fishes for which is fine by me you carry on boys :yahoo:

Edited by Dave H

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon