Tip ring

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#11 BoldBear

BoldBear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Golf and collecting Fishing Tackle and books.

Posted 22 July 2019 - 01:59 PM

Back in the late 70s I had one of the original full cork 11ft J.Wilson Avon/Quiver rods which broke just where the Quiver tip joined the blank, and I sent a letter with photos of the break to masterline and within three days I had a nice apology letter together with a replacement tip section.

I then obtained a glass donkey top for a few quid and fitted it to my broken top section as In the diagrams in my earlier post (see link below) so that I now had two different strength quivertip sections for my J.W. Avon/Quiver rod for the price of a fibreglass donkey top.

https://www.anglersn...ring/?p=9467140

NB: I later bought another butt section so that I had two complete quivertip rods that I could use together when fishing for Chub; which I still use very occasionally if Im fishing for Chub on a particularly overgrown section of river when I want rods which can take a lot of abuse (which they can) and I dont want to use my better rods

Keith

Edited by BoldBear, 22 July 2019 - 02:16 PM.

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

#12 wotnobivvy

wotnobivvy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,566 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Genealogy, die cast models, Millwall FC, 00 gauge model railways

Posted 22 July 2019 - 04:10 PM

I have been given a spare top that fits, so thanks to all

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not