August 2019 Florida New Smyrna Daytona Beach Orlando

School is starting, summer vacation season is over, the waters are less crowed with fewer boats and fishermen as fall is approaching, the annual mullet run will be starting soon with migrating bait fish schools moving south down the coast and in the intracoastal waterway with schooling game fish to follow. But for now late summer patterns continue as cooler temperatures are still a couple months away here in Florida. Summer variety catching is still the usual in the backwaters here at Mosquito Lagoon and New Smyrna Beach, many different species on every trip, including good numbers of Speckled Seatrout, Mangrove Snapper, Whiting, Jack Crevalle and Ladyfish, also still biting a few along the way are Snook, Black Drum, Redfish and Pompano, and surprise catches of more unusual fish for this area like small size Permit, Bonefish, and Mutton Snapper. Some fish even have a natural freak anomaly, like this nice size Snook, caught and released by Hamp from Georgia, a split, double lateral line on the front end of the line, this is the first Snook I’ve ever seen with this ……………...

FD9beg.jpg

Spotted Seatrout are an every trip, year round fish here in my area of the backcountry, many schooling size fish are widespread through the area, and better size specks are also a regular catch, longtime client Joe from Tampa with one of the nice Trout from a recent live bait trip, this “over the slot” fish was released ………………

Kb9sKt.jpg

I do trips all the time with families and young kids along, I bring push button Zebco outfits for the younger kids to make it easier for them to cast and fish, young Miles hooked up this nice Snook on his Zebco rod, a great battle with the fish pulling drag over and over and jumping many times, then a great Photo and Release …………….

37QAGM.jpg

Repeat husband and wife clients from Canada were out with me again on a good Seatrout trip, Nathalie with her best Trout of the morning …………………

XYNU1J.jpg

……..and Martin hooked up a 5 lb Jack Crevalle sight fishing with an artificial lure out of a school of surface striking jacks chasing mullet ……………..

9KEx4W.jpg

Black Drum are also a year round fish here in the Lagoon, Jordan with a nice one ……………

INKxdp.jpg

Speaking of unusual fish for this area, all through this year I’ve had several young Permit caught on the boat, they are usually more southern Florida fish so not an expected catch her, Joe had a great light tackle battle with this little Permit ……………..

1aImHr.jpg

FUN FRIENDLY LIGHT TACKLE FISHING ADVENTURES

Indian River and Mosquito Lagoon Backcountry and Flats Fishing

CHILDREN ALWAYS WELCOME – FAIR PRICES

Near Daytona Beach, New Smyrna Beach, and Orlando, East Central Florida

CALL OR TEXT ME ANYTIME 386-689-3781
See my website https://EdgewaterRiverGuide.com

Capt. Michael Savedow

Edgewater River Guide, Inc. Since 2003
386-689-3781
https://EdgewaterRiverGuide.com