Samphire Hoe

S63

Another trip to the Hoe today. Can't believe how windy it was, a case of anchoring everything down or lose it. It was a warm wind with plenty of sand in it, felt like I was in Lanzarote (I wish).

3E0D6AB2-29BB-4442-9B64-DC31ECAF5563.thumb.jpeg.ddad7ff331000fc0f5128d518eefb93f.jpeg

Two carp rods out with ragworm on paternoster rigs, it was hard work but managed nine small wrasse in the four hours I tolerated the gusting winds, hoped for some mackerel but the water was very coloured.

09D10CC1-DE73-4BB0-96BB-EC663AC23C1C.thumb.jpeg.b330737b26d2dc5c04bbfebce92ba49e.jpeg

F6814BB0-9837-439B-9D5E-347C27B7BB4F.thumb.jpeg.e49f67068726e18809367b5d859054b6.jpeg
Edited by S63
Photos
  • Like 2

Lovely looking fish them John, I have never caught a wrasse. Along the pier today only two fishing and one small eel caught. The sea was fairly calm but a bit greeny. Doesn't seem to be many fish about at the moment. I went coarse fishing last time to a day ticket water, hooked one carp about 8lb but lost it, that was on luncheon meat and a couple of very small rudd on sweetcorn. Might try this again until the sea picks up, no mackerel worth talking about this year, I worry about them.

• Like 1

Thanks Mark

get your mate to take you to Samphire one day, don't know anywhere else wrasse are in such abundance along our southeast coastline.

As for the missing mackerel, I didn't catch any until September last year, so still hopeful.

• Like 1