3 years in, still learning the ropes

HookedOnFishing

On 9/8/2021 at 7:22 AM, HookedOnFishing said:

Hi All,

Been fishing now for around 3 years but my eyes recently have been opened about how many different methods/tackle can affect your angling.

I typically use a quiver tip with various feeders and experimenting with Groundbait and Hemp at the moment. Hoping to try an open end feeder on a fishing trip this week to see what happens.

Largest catch was a 12'' common, that took me about 20 minutes to safely bring in!

Does anybody have any tips how to improve my feeder fishing experience?

Thanks all.

Aged 66 four years ago I decided to give it another go having tried it as a kid and found it to be so boring.  54 years wasted then as  love it now. Covid meant I didn't do it for some time and just like you I am learning all over again. I am going tomorrow and this evening I was looking up Helicopter Rigs and have been experimenting out in the garage. Whether its because I am using 6ib line trying to twizzle  it is proving to be a night mare so I think I will just attach the feeder onto the line before the hook. You've caught bigger than I have but even catching tiddlers is good. Silver fish will definitely do me as there is far less chance of me damaging the fish than  if they were bigger. As they say tight lines & enjoy.