Spring is coming

Norm B

Yesterday Mrs Blackbird started building her nest in our back garden, tits are looking at our bird boxes, 2 pigeons are getting fruity on our back lawn and newts are out of hibernation in my pond, bad timing as I've arranged for a new, stronger one to be installed but gales and damaged fences have put it on the back burner until fences are repaired or replaced.

Edited by Norm B
Spelling
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Bad news I'm afraid as the magpies have got the young ones. Unfortunately, due to my stroke I can't cock my .22 and my gunsmith couldn't put a weaker spring in until this week and so no deterrent. Also due to my weak arm I can't get the gun apart to do the job myself although I know how to do it. Hopefully I'll get the magpies before the blackbirds build a new nest.😏

As of today, Friday, Mrs Blackbird has started building a new nest in almost the same spot as her old one. I know it sounds daft but most, if not all of our gardens are neat and tidy so no obvious places to build a nest. Mine has areas of "wild ground", especially for nests and normally the magpie would have been culled but due to my stroke I found I couldn't cock my air rifle, it's all in hand now and I should have it back before the nest is finished.

Edited by Norm B
Add