Jubilee River - off the Thames nr slough / windsor TVAA

kittyKM

Hi all , 

First of all thank you for letting me join, I am a carp, barbel, pike, shark, conger, and fly fisherman in that order.... after a year hunting conger from the shore, I've now moved to brighten and joined old windsor there, associate club TVAA have the fishing at marsh lane on the river jubilee, I see a lot of chaps there with bivies and the odd pleasure angler but everyone is very tight lipped. i have had some persch to lure out of there while looking round with a lure rod and have seen carp and big bream moving around. 

However I'm hoping you can help me by offering any advice for daytime carp sessions on there, I have a single rod and all the usual gear but I'm not set up for long sessions at the moment so ill have mobility and lots of 6-8 hour daylight sessions. Additionally, does anyone have any idea of the stock the river holds esp. of carp please?

My initial approach unless I'm advised otherwise would be to roll onto one of the deeper pegs, find gravel spots amongst the silt I know is in there and fish running leads on braid hook lengths with nash 15mm scopex and squid boiles 15mm with 12mm scattered around the areas. and maize.

But I admit I'm out of my depth and would love any advice please.

Imogen Kitty Martin 

Hi and welcome to the forum Imogen.

Unfortunately I’ve never fished the river Jubilee at all, and I last fished the Thames quite a while ago so can’t be of much help to you; however it sounds like you are approaching it OK.

Try asking for info on the FishingMagic.com and MaggotDrowning.com sites as they both have hundreds of anglers that regularly post on those forums.

Also this link might help you as it covers the river Jubilee Marsh Lane area. Hope it helps :thumbs:

https://allaboutangling.net/berkshire/river-thames-berkshire/river-thames-jubilee-river/

This forum (anglersnet) has some really good anglers on it; who fish for Barbel, Chub and Carp etc. but unfortunately not as many anglers as it used to have; so you might have to wait quite a time for a reply to your query.

Edited by BoldBear

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi and welcome. I suspect your venue holds a good head of Carp..and catching them in the daytime should not be a problem. I would look for boat moorings as a start. Regular amounts of loose feed at a chosen spot over a few days will get them confident. If you can resist casting a line until you can see all the bait has gone . These carp will be very smart, they have seen it all, you will need to be smarter.