cod on wrecks

squidlips

hi all.does anyone know if cod can be caught over deep water wrecks in winter along the south coast or do they move inshore when the water cools leaving the wrecks empty over winter.

any help apreciated

stavey mate

i have caught quite a few cod this summer up to 20 lbs.but was wondering if a winter trip was worth bothering about.just dont want to go all that way freezing me gonads off for nothing

most south coast wrecks are the home to pollack over the winter period best time is mid december to early april for these ,the cod move onto inshore reefs to get lucky

In my experience the cod are only on the channel wrecks between may & september. The wrecks are generally dead between september and february, although the winter pollack start to appear in the west at Xmas and move east.

Like Fresh coffee? www.Bean14.com