Fishing in tiverton area (Devon, UK)

smalltincup

Hi All

Just a quick note, does any one here live around East Devon Area, if so could they recommend any fisheries or places to fish, not looking for specific areas or swims but general areas. Also if any one fancies meeting up and do a session in the future then that would be cool to.

Cheers :rolleyes:

It was the fish i tell you, they were talking to me !!!

I don't live a million miles away but I don't know much about the Tivvy area I'm afraid. Your best bet must be the canal but I've never fished there unfortunately.

Grand Western Canal

There's also a Tiverton Angling Association, isn't there?

Edited by Elton

The best time to fish is when you have a chance.

Never fished the canal but stopped there in late June to have a look. It was near Sampford Peverell and it looked ideal for tench with nice lillies and little bubbles fizzing up everywhere.

Stacks of stillwaters around that area, not my cup of tea but I know a couple of blokes who fish Goodiford mill and love it. It's down there somewhere, J28 I think.

HB.

Hi Bingo

Have fished the canal quite a bit, have pulled out some very nice Perch 2lb+ is the best at the moment also i know that there are some BIG Pike in there 30+.(Thats probably a bit big for me not sure if i could deal with such a fish) The problem i have found with the canal is that some of the best areas are totally over run by weed. Guess thats not so much of a prob this time of year.

Where abouts is that ??

Where do you fish ??

Dave

http://www.exeteranglingassociation.co.uk/welcome.htm

hi mate, click on the link above,its information on the exeter angling association, they only charge 29 quid a year, and have waters up to collumpton. just a short trip down the m5 from you.

all the best dave. :)

The EDAA have got 2 ponds by Sampford Peverell but I haven't fished there either I'm afraid (they're next to the M5 and the railway line...)

If you're after big carp and can travel you could check out Creedy lakes (outside Crediton).

I mainly fish day tickets lakes east of Exeter and for river fishing I fish the Culm (EDAA stretches).

The best time to fish is when you have a chance.

Have been looking around this morning nad hvae found a fishery called Oaktree fishery gunna head out and check it out. Have you heard any thing about it ??