New to Sea Fishing

kai dog

i am not attempting to treata you like an idiot but if you havent mastered a multiplier say by using it on lakes and such then dont even attempt to buy a multiplier get a fixed spool and then find a friend or fella on the pier and ask them to teach you the basics and learn how to use one because you either have what it takes or you dont and they arent at all easy to fish with if you are a novice lol and if your intentions are to progress onto a multiplier porchase a nice chep fixed spool package from our local shop i hope this helps

adam

Hi

thanks for prompt reply.

Now we know the type of fishing and the areas we need to address we are all in a better possition to assist you.

I for my part can be of little help from here on in, my particular field of folly is Boat Angling, I used to fish beaches in the hay day of Spern, Paul, Sammy's Point and such hot spots 30 years ago.

Now a days I fish the West of Ireland by boat and Whitby off shore with modest success.

Best Wishes in your persuites

Paddy w

Ok no problem, thanks for getting back to me any way. :thumbs:

i am not attempting to treata you like an idiot but if you havent mastered a multiplier say by using it on lakes and such then dont even attempt to buy a multiplier get a fixed spool and then find a friend or fella on the pier and ask them to teach you the basics and learn how to use one because you either have what it takes or you dont and they arent at all easy to fish with if you are a novice lol and if your intentions are to progress onto a multiplier porchase a nice chep fixed spool package from our local shop i hope this helps

adam

Cheers Adam,

Na i wasn't going to start with a mutiplier, more at home with a fixed spool to be honest! ;) . Just going to see how goes for now and see if i like it.(when i get a chance that is)! :thumbs:

Hi Kai Dog,

I know there are so many questions being asked of you when youve just asked a simple question yourself BUT it does make a difference. Not knowing South Wales is it a rocky or sandy beach? It does make a difference as to what rod/reel/line/type of terminal tackle you will need. Definatly a trip to local tackle shops try more than one and possibly start with second hand gear. You will get better quality stuff at the same price as cheaper new (if that makes sense). Also if you dont like sea fishing you wont lose much if anything re-selling second hand stuff as you will on new gear. (I'm rambling arnt I)

Any problems, just keep asking questions. It doesnt matter how silly you might think they seem we all have had to learn.

Edited by IanBass

Just one big fish, PLEASE!!!!!!

Quality of rod and reel is dependant on what you are prepared to spend and can you cut a good deal with your local tackle dealer.

You have to decide if you goner be an eggbeater man or a multiplier man, whether you are fishing mostly over clean ish ground or rough ground, estuary, surf beach or rock fishing.

I have just treated myself to my annual Christmas treat, it is the only way I can get a decent prezzie :lol:

The Rod: Grauvell Helical DH Surf TRE 15' pure carbon, I thought the Foo was good but this is one lean mean machine, casting from 3.5ozs to 8.75ozs.

The Reel: Shimano Stella FA 10,000 yes it did burn my fingers a little but I did manage to cut a very reasonable deal

Now these two cost £*~>^*^s but after cutting a good deal with my local man the rod only cost me a 1p, now a woman would just like to save that much on a single purchase :lol:

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Quality of rod and reel is dependant on what you are prepared to spend and can you cut a good deal with your local tackle dealer.

You have to decide if you goner be an eggbeater man or a multiplier man, whether you are fishing mostly over clean ish ground or rough ground, estuary, surf beach or rock fishing.

I have just treated myself to my annual Christmas treat, it is the only way I can get a decent prezzie :lol:

The Rod: Grauvell Helical DH Surf TRE 15' pure carbon, I thought the Foo was good but this is one lean mean machine, casting from 3.5ozs to 8.75ozs.

The Reel: Shimano Stella FA 10,000 yes it did burn my fingers a little but I did manage to cut a very reasonable deal

Now these two cost £*~>^*^s but after cutting a good deal with my local man the rod only cost me a 1p, now a woman would just like to save that much on a single purchase :lol:

Cheers Ian/Ken

Think ill take a trip to the local tackle shop and ask them whats best as i am unsure of the best places to go and what ground ill be fishing on, im not going to spend a bomb yet though because like you said i might not even get on with it. Thanks for everyones advice!

:thumbs: