northeast opens

ratchet

most clubs runs 1 open competition every year to boost club funds which is fair enough.but im finding that some clubs are now being greedy and running 2 or 3 competitions now.which means every fortnight these opens are clashing causing entry numbers to be down for other club opens, as anglers are spread between opens.surely clubs should run 1 open and make sure the dates dont clash with other clubs.and let every club have there chance to boost their funds.

Guest jay_con

Another factor is that all clubs like the matches to be over low water, so this halves the amounts of available weekends. Another factor is that the best fishing in the north east is usually the 3 months leading up to xmas and perhaps jan,, so everyone wants there open matches in these months. As clubs try to get there opens into low tide weeks in 1 of 3 months its inevitable that there will be clashes. As far as im aware clubs do talk to each other and try to avoid clashes where ever possible.

Most clubs I know of only run 1 open. filey, cloughton, whitby, redcar, saltburn.

Amble I think sometimes run 2 or 3, but I think 1 is usually summer and 1 winter. Perhaps clubs further north run more matches?

Just for information purposes these are the matches im aware of that are still to come.

MATCH CALENDAR

28TH NOVEMBER BEDLINGTON OPEN AND SOUTH SHIELDS OPEN

12TH DECEMBER CLOUGHTON OPEN

19TH DECEMBER SALTBURN OPEN

27TH DECEMBER EASINGTON OPEN

8TH JANUARY SEATON SLUICE OPEN

16TH JANUARY AMBLE OPEN

30TH JANUARY BEDLINGTON BUCCANEERS

13TH FEBUARY TYNEMOUTH OPEN

27TH FEBUARY NEW HARTLEY OPEN

16th Jan ship in open whitby (This is not a club open and the club do not profit, Infact all money in goes back out in cash prizes.)