Daiwa 7HT

keith 405

Guest jay_con

Im thinking about buying one. I keep hearing great things of the 525's. I have a 535 mag, its lovely for getting fish out of kelp, but a poor casting reel.

The 7ht just isn't strong enough to deal with the rough ground and is only realy a clean to mixed ground reel,superb to cast with and requires very little in the way of tuning.

For the rougher stuff my first choice will allways be the penn 525 and 535,bullet proof gearing and 6:1 retrieve is just the ticket on the rocks and reefs of the bristol channel...But don't discount the daiwa sl20 and sl30shv brilliant reel just a bit bulky for my taste..

Problem with the 535 mag is it has a conventional spool set up as apposed to the 525mag which has the ultra cast design with on onoard bearings and one at each end of the spindle making it allot more free running and with the lighter spool makes it superb casting reel.I have the same problem with my old 525 gs converted it to magnets and it's garbage compared to my other reel...