Waltons Walk

FishyFraser

I'm thinking of buying a season ticket for this very picturesque (and historically significant) stretch. Does anyone fish there? If so what is it like? The Lea Valley site praises it for large chub and barbel which interests me but I would be grateful for the informed views of the forum. In addition, anyone bought a good barbel rod recently, not looking for some overdone test curve; I like to know what others have used rather than just rely on the tackle shop or magazines.

Many thanks in advance.

Fraser.

"Life is much too important a thing ever to talk seriously about it."

Hi Fraser.

At first I thought you meant the old Lea around Waltham Abbey and Fishers Green but now I see that Waltons Walk is much higher upstream than where I am familiar.

As a matter of interest I'm a member of RMC Fishers Green on the Lea, thats a fantastic, very scenic venue with a very good catch history.

If you would be interested in this venues then I would be glad to let you know my thoughts.

i have not fished at Waltons walk but often fish around Dobbs weir and have fished on fishers green before. To be honest i find the Lee a bit on the difficult side but if you are prepared to work at it the rewards are there. Big Barbel Big chub big pike big perch. if fact there does not seen to be any thing small apart from minnows and gudgeon. there are lots of signal crayfish on the Lee so it makes fishing with a static bait very hard in the summer. There are some Zander on the Lee so i am informed. All in All its the best river in our region for the Specimen angler.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

Hi Fraser.

At first I thought you meant the old Lea around Waltham Abbey and Fishers Green but now I see that Waltons Walk is much higher upstream than where I am familiar.

As a matter of interest I'm a member of RMC Fishers Green on the Lea, thats a fantastic, very scenic venue with a very good catch history.

If you would be interested in this venues then I would be glad to let you know my thoughts.

Thanks Hermes that stretch interests me too. Your thoughts would definitely be appreciated.

Cheers,

Fraser.

i have not fished at Waltons walk but often fish around Dobbs weir and have fished on fishers green before. To be honest i find the Lee a bit on the difficult side but if you are prepared to work at it the rewards are there. Big Barbel Big chub big pike big perch. if fact there does not seen to be any thing small apart from minnows and gudgeon. there are lots of signal crayfish on the Lee so it makes fishing with a static bait very hard in the summer. There are some Zander on the Lee so i am informed. All in All its the best river in our region for the Specimen angler.

Thanks for that Peter. I'll give it a go anyway as the season ticket is only £40; about the same as four trips to a lake covered in bivvies! Is Dobbs Weir still a day ticket?

yes Dobbs weir is on a day ticket just over three quid for one rod. it does get busy in the summer. check here

http://www.leevalleypark.org.uk/en/content...ir_fishery.aspx

i was thinking of joining carthagena weir pool next season but i am in two minds, it looks good though.

http://www.carthagenafishery.co.uk/weirpool.html

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/