Winter advice for this evenings fishing.

SPSwallow

I have just decided I'll go fishing this evening. I plan on getting on the bankside about an hour before it go's dark. The pond is tiny, about 1 acre, and fairly unkept with lilys in the centre but not unfishable, in fact I caught a huge tench from there in the summer. I think it benefits from not being visited very often. The factory next door has stocked it with a few huge carp but i'm not really interested in them although i'll take what I can.

I'm pretty unexperienced at winter angling and i'm wondering how I should fish and for what species. I also don't have any maggots but I have a few pellets and a couple of cans of sweet corn. I also have some foul tasting seafood sticks that i'm going to try and use as seen as I can't stand them. I'm going to dig for worms in a while too. Any advice would be brill before I venture forth at about 3 o clock. Ta very much. Don't be afraid to tell me i'm wasting my time if the conditions sound useless. ta