PIKE FISHING IN NORTHAMPTONSHIRE

mark auton

Hi,

i have recently took up pike fishing again after many years and wondered if anyone could recommend anywhere in the Northampton area? The problem i have found is that many of the place i use to fish in the 80's are now syndicate/season ticket only. places like the Ecton complex, Hollowell etc. i have fished the Nene and Ouse recently though they tend to flood/colour up really quickly so i am mainly looking at stillwaters and pits etc. I am not really bothered about sitting there all day waiting for a 30, just somewhere to catch a few pike to get me back in the swing of things! Thanks in advance.

Mark auton

Ransome Road pit is now a free water as the Nene pulled out due to illegal fishing by Europeans from the East who regulary netted it, the water is so big though that I doubt that they could have emptied it totally. Or if yoy don't mind paying it might be worth having a look at Hollowell reservoir.

Hollowell Reservoir [Last updated 17/04/08]

140-acre water supply reservoir controlled by Anglian Water Authority.

From Northampton take the A5199 towards Welford, after Creaton take left hand turn for Hollowell, entrance to reservoir on right ½ mile after village.

Mr. N. Clayton, Pitsford Fishery Lodge, Brixworth Road, Holcot, Northants, NN6 9SJ. Tel. 01604 781350. Tel. 01604 446500

Season ticket £99, winter season ticket [October-February] £50, day ticket £6 from self-vending service on site.

Bream over 13lbs, carp over 34lbs, chub over 6lbs, perch over 4lbs, pike over 30lbs, roach to 2lbs, roach/rudd hybrids to 4lbs, rudd/bream hybrids over 5lbs, rudd to 4lbs and tench over 11lbs.

thanks for ya tips old buzzer. i did have a walk round hollowell at the weekend and it turns out that from 1 of december no more day tickets. bummer!! cannot really justify spending 50 pounds on a half season if i only fish it a few times though may consider it for next year.

its a real shame what has happened to ransome road, use to fish there a lot in my youth. there still must be some good fish in there though, i'll have to check it out.

Don't seriously pike fish myself but the British Waterways waters on fisheries.co.uk claim to have big pike...

http://www.fisheries.co.uk/boddington/index.htm

http://www.fisheries.co.uk/naseby/index.htm

etc.

Not sure if its worth clicking on the letters on this site to see which have pike...

http://www.fishinginnorthamptonshire.co.uk/waters.html