Sorry about the wait (Sept Torbay meet 24-09-06)

yakerbass

The start to the organised Brixham trip went well with a total of nine of us turning up and being on the water for 6:30ish. We all paddled over to the Mariners pontoons and moored up using freelining and float methods with live prawn for bait. Marks other half pulled in the first Bass of the day which started off the catches. Dave was using sandeel which bagged him the only mackerel that were caught that day. A couple of others tried worm but I believe to no avail. With daylight starting to make an apprence it turned out to be a warm day with the sun coming out at times and I finally broke my summers run of bad luck with my first Bass of the year, a little late I know but needless to say I finally got one. Next year the big one (I hope)

At about 9:45am we all went back to the car park for a bite to eat a chat and to look over each others Yaks and see the different set up that we all have which was very useful to the guys that are just starting in our sport.

We then went back to the same spot but it seemed to go quite which by that time we were all starting to suffer numb bums and feeling a little tired.

I must say a big thanks for the guys who had travelled a fair few miles (you know who you are) and you are all most welcome to come on down at anytime, maybe next time we can come to you. I think I can say for all of us that it was a good fishing session and everyone enjoyed themselves.

Thanks to Rob for the pictures.

Thanks Chris for that, some bits that stand out in my mind with pics

It was such a nice feeling driving into the car park and seeing so many enthusiastic Kayak fishermen and women all so eager to get started. It was a pleasure to meet you all and I will look forward to fishing with you in the near future.

Sorry to say but the fishing was poor that day, far too many blanks for my liking including myself, but like a good friend once said to me if it was about catching it would be called catching not angling.

please correct me if I am wrong but this is how I remembered the fish caught

Anita small Bass ( showing the Boys the way to go ) well done, Mark you need to ask Anita for a few tips mate

Dave A three mackeral, one small wrasse well done Dave ( by the way don't keep running your hobbie into the ground I thought it was the dogs do-dars )

Chris W one Bass and a mac ( well done mate now you have cracked it more will follow )

Johnsok Two Bass ( nice one john ,am I right in saying this was your first on the yak ? and if I remember one was a reasonable size

Dartman Wrasse, Bass and mac ( Three species Nice one, I believe this was only your second or third trip, good stuff Dartman )

Chinny mmm where do I start, well I joined chinny in the afternoon as people started to go home, this was a bad move !!!! He sat there and pulled out seven Bass right next to me !!!! I mean the cheek of it....... Well done mate but fish next to someone else next time.

Myself, Borderman, Headshine Blanked !!! but to be fair to Borderman he only fished until about 9.30 ish and Headshine one ish, but I however fished until 6 pm

once again thanks to all who came and hope to yak fish with you soon

Getting ready

P9240003.jpg

Borderman

septemberdevonmeet24-09-06017.jpg

Dave A

septemberdevonmeet24-09-06026.jpg

Dartman

septemberdevonmeetdartman24-09-0602.jpg

Chris W

septemberdevonmeetchrisw24-09-06025.jpg

Chinny

septemberdevonmeet24-09-06021.jpg

Anita

septemberdevonmeetAnita24-09-06019.jpg

Mark C

septemberdevonmeet24-09-06003.jpg

Headshine (including his lucky hair)

septemberdevonmeet24-09-06012.jpg

Chris W's Bass

P9240004.jpg

Chinny and one of his seven SMALL BASS :lol:

chinny1.jpg

Table for two !

septemberdevonmeettablefortwo24-09-.jpg

Headshine sunrise

septemberdevonmeet24-09-06018.jpg

Dave A's Baby Wrasse

septemberdevonmeetdaveasmallwrasse2.jpg

Edited by yakerbass
anglersnetsig.jpg

nice review, hello to everyone

i must say i had a great day, not so much the fishing but meeting everyone for the first time, nice to meet so many like minded people.

the fishing , well i caught my first bass, first drop, not very big but a great fighter on light gear, then a bit later i had my second even better fighter, to say i was chuffed is an understatement!!!!, my best fight was a bit later when i tried the jetty area, a 3lb plus wrasse, now that did bend my rod.

all in all a great day, can't wait for the next meet.

cheers rob for all your advice.

anyone in the group going to fish through the winter, if so let me know, i'm up for it. :yeah:

cheers

jon

Hi everyone,

Thanks for a great write up Rob and Chris.

Fantastic photos - I'll have to take the fat suit off next time; it might make my '7lb wrasse' look more believable!!!! :whistling:

Really looking forward to some fishing this Winter if there are any more trips.

Cheers,

Dave

Kayak - Hobie Mirage Outback

Location - Paignton

nice pics-----9 yakkers that was some meet,good to see you all had fun.Glad to hear you'll be fishing through winter because I look forward to the reports :thumbs:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Great to see so many out in one trip, well done for organising it, we really ought to have more of these around the country. And not keep leaving to the Welsh guys to organise something.

Well done chaps and chapesses.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com