braid main line

comradpoplin

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Common -with you 100% on the "Is it just me that has this horrendous thought of leaving my tackle in the lake, or worse still connected to the fish."

I was recently fishing a margin swim under overhanging trees - requiring quite a tricky underhand cast - and (you've guessed it) got the whole lot caught in the tree. I waded out and retrieved my rig (thankfully all of it!) as I couldn't face leaving it there hanging in the tree - especially as the bait was in the water. I was amazed at the reaction of other anglers. One offered to give me a lead if I was that desperate to get one back! Another accused me of ruining his fishing by going in the water - although he was fishing 50-60 yards away! I tried to explain that I'd rather not leave a baited hook hanging in the water tied to a tree - but the blank looks I received told me I was wasting my time! Looks like not everyone sees things the same way eh Common!

As a footnote - this was not friendly winding up and I wasn't being irresponsible to cast there - I fished in that spot all day, had four fish to 11lb and only hooked the tree that once. Two of the fish also came after my swim!

....Here's to swimming with bow-legged women....